Firefighters from the Monarch Fire Protection District are on the scene of a residential fire in the 1400 block of Carriage Crossing Lane in Chesterfield.
The department tweeted a picture from the scene this morning.
Firefighters received the emergency call at approximately 8:30 a.m. Fire Marshal Roger Herin said the property appeared to be a total loss as a result of the two-alarm fire.
Herin said no one was home at the time of the fire and there were no civilian or firefighter injuries.
Although the fire is under control, Herin said firefighters are still putting out hot spots around the property. Once the structure is safe, an investigation into the cause of the fire will begin, he said.
Carriage Crossing Lane was closed after the fire and authorities said it would be closed until about noon today.
Patch will post more updates on this story as more information becomes available.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- New 50-Acre Residential Subdivision May Be Coming to Chesterfield
- Police Blotter: Credit Cards Pilfered from Purse Used for Purchases
- Gov. Jay Nixon Sees "Major Win" for Missouri at Chesterfield Groundbreaking
- Tea Party Activists Hold Protest Rally at West County IRS Office
- Police Blotter: Break-Ins Hit Vehicles on Edison, Long Roads