Police Blotter: Credit Card Fraud and Identity Theft
The Chesterfield Police blotter from Jan. 16 to Jan. 24.
The following information was supplied by the Chesterfield Police Department.
A victim reported a debit account number was used for two purchases in Georgia. The crime was reported at a home on the 15000 Black Birch Drive.
A victim’s credit card was used to buy a laptop computer. The victim reported the crime on the 1500 block of Woodroyal West Drive.
- Someone opened a credit card account using the victim’s identity. The crime was reported on the 1700 block of Schoettler Valley Drive.
- A 50-year-old woman is suspected of shoplifting clothing and glassware from a store in Chesterfield Mall.
- An 18-year-old woman and a 16-year-old girl are suspected of shoplifting from a store in Chesterfield Mall.
- A 49-year-old woman has been contacting a 75-year-old woman by phone for about a month despite being asked to stop. The harassment was reported on the 14000 block of Calcutta Drive.
- A victim reported their Social Security number was used to open a Charter Communications cable account. The crime was reported on the 15000 block of Kersten Ridge Drive.
- A 50-year-old woman is suspected of taking a cigarette atomizer from a closed kiosk in the Chesterfield Mall.
- A 17-year-old girl came home intoxicated and was taken to the hospital. The call came from a home on the 800 block of Walfield Court.
- A 16-year-old girl ran away from her home on the 1300 block of Countryside Forrest Court. She was admitted to a hospital for mental evaluation.
- A DVD player was reported missing from the Dierberg family hub room on the 16000 block of Burkhardt Place.
- A 29-year-old woman is suspected of shoplifting from a store in Chesterfield Mall.
- A 46-year-old man hid an over-the-door hook and left a store on the 100 block of THF Boulevard without paying.
- Two 16-year-old girls and a 16-year-old boy violated curfew laws on the 17000 block of Chesterfield Airport Road.
- A 32-year-old man was arrested for selling liquor after hour on the 14000 block of Clayton Road. A 35-year-old man was also arrested for a liquor law violation and for interfering.
- A 29-year-old man was arrested at Chesterfield Mall for trespassing after being banned.
- Someone broke an interior window at a business on the 17000 block of Chesterfield Airport Road.
A cell phone was stolen from the break room of a business on the 100 block of Four Seasons Shopping Center.
There was a fire at a home on the 200 block of Stablestone Drive.
Someone opened a credit card in the victim’s deceased mother’s name and used it between Aug. 20 and Aug. 29. The crime was reported on the 100 block of Seabrook Drive.
Between May 26 and Sept. 20, a company located on the 600 block of Cepi Drive received three checks from a former lessee that were returned for insufficient funds.
A 21-year-old is suspected of passing two insufficient funds checks between Oct. 28 and Oct. 30 at a business on the 18000 block of Chesterfield Airport Road.
A victim’s credit cards were used after they were stolen outside of Chesterfield. The crime was reported on the 100 block of THF Boulevard.