Work Begins on Eastbound Lanes of I-64 Downtown
MoDOT reports the St. Louis work zones for Sept. 6 – 12.
The Missouri Department of Transportation started work to remove and replace the driving surface of the eastbound lanes on the double-deck structure on Interstate 64 downtown.
Drivers can expect one lane closed around the clock on eastbound Interstate 64 downtown between Jefferson Avenue and the Poplar Street Bridge. A second lane closes weekdays from 8 p.m. until 2 p.m. the following afternoon. In addition, the ramp from Forest Park Avenue to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock. These ramp and lane closures are scheduled to remain in place until November.
Crews are continuing to work on the westbound lanes of the I-64 double-deck structure between the Poplar Street Bridge and Jefferson Avenue. Crews will keep one lane on westbound I-64 closed around the clock until Saturday. A second lane remains closed between 10 a.m. and 5 a.m. weekdays through Saturday. The Broadway, 10th Street and 14th Street ramps are scheduled to open by noon Saturday.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, one eastbound I-64 lane will be closed from 20th/Chestnut to 14th Street around the clock until November.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramp from Forest Park Avenue to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock until November.
- I-70, St. Louis City, one right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until October.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until the end of September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- Route 141, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction between Route 340 (Olive Boulevard) and Ladue Road.
- St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until mid-November.