The American Girl doll store is ready to open on Saturday at 9 a.m. in Chesterfield Mall. It's the 12th store in the nation.
The company promised crafts and entertainment outside the store in the mall to celebrate its grand opening, and pass the time if there is a wait-line of shoppers to get inside the new store. There's a drawing to win a McKenna doll and book.
The 10,850-square-foot store replaced a restaurant, Wapango, in a corner of the mall facing Clarkson Road, next to and
The American Girl stores include dolls, books, and accessories, a bistro, a doll hair salon and “Creativi-tees” design boutique.
The new store's ribbon cutting ceremony will include the "girl ambassador" from St. Louis Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Opening Day schedule
- 8:50 a.m. Ribbon-cutting ceremony
- 9 a.m doors open
- 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. free entertainment (outside store/in Food Court)
- 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. free craft activities
- 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. free entertainment (outside store/in Food Court)
- 11 a.m. doors open
- 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. free craft activities
The Chesterfield Mall store will be the 12th to open in the nation. Initiallly, the line of dolls and accessories were strictly sold through catalogs.
Here are the guidelines for opening day, all from the company's website.
To reduce your waiting time and observe fire-safety regulations, we're using a ticketing system.
- Each person (including children) who wishes to enter the store will receive a ticket with an assigned group number.
- When the store opens each day, groups will be announced in numerical order for admittance through the main entrance (near California Pizza Kitchen).
- You can shop or dine in Chesterfield Mall until your group number is called. Group numbers will be posted on the digital signage throughout the mall. Also feel free to ask an event staff member or security officer which group is currently being admitted.
- Overnight camping will not be permitted.