Taubman Prestige Outlets Chesterfield will hold an official groundbreaking ceremony and make a store announcement on the morning of July 25. The event is invitation only.
The ceremony will take place on the future site of the outlet mall at Boone’s Crossing and I-64/40 across from Chesterfield Commons.
Speakers at the event will be:
- Connie Fults, President Pro Tem of the Chesterfield City Council
- Jack Hoffmann, Interim Director of Chesterfield Chamber of Commerce
- Dick Hrabko, Former Director of St. Louis International Airport
- Tim Jones, Missouri House Floor Leader and House Speaker Designate
- William Taubman, Taubman Chief Operating Officer
Taubman representatives said in a press release that the project will "generate 750 construction jobs and will employ approximately 1,200 people when the mall opens." The mall is planned to have 450,000 square feet of retail space with over 100 stores.
Michigan-based Taubman Centers is one of the nation’s most respected and successful retail developers. With 27 shopping centers in 15 states, the company has chosen Chesterfield as home for its newest outlet center, located at Boone’s Crossing and I-64/40 across from Chesterfield Commons. ~Taubman press release