Shoppers can began checking out the 47 stores spread across the 310,000-square-foot complex at 9:15 a.m. Taubman Prestige Outlets is located on the north side of Highway 40/I-64 at the Boone's Crossing exit.
A second outlet mall, St. Louis Premium Outlets, will open Aug. 22 and is located at the other end of the Valley on Chesterfield Airport Road, just south of the Daniel Boone Bridge.
The massive influx of retail shopping is occurring close to the anniversary of an event that nearly wiped out commercial development in the Valley entirely. July 31 marked the 20th anniversary of the Great Flood of 1993, and you can check out some first-hand accounts of the disaster here.
If you are are planning on checking out Taubman Prestige Outlets this weekend or you just want to know more about it, Patch has put together the following handy FAQ:
- What events and promotions are planned for opening day weekend?
- What stores will Taubman Prestige Outlets have?
- When does Chesterfield Valley's other outlet, St. Louis Premium Outlets, open? What stores will they have?
- Can the St. Louis metro area possibly support two huge outlet centers? Yes and no.
- What if I am tired of hearing about outlet malls?