.

Apartment Fire Friday in Chesterfield Burns Deck

A Monarch Fire Protection District official said quick action from firefighters helped extinguish the flames before they could spread to the rest of the structure.

An apartment fire in Chesterfield Friday morning did only minimal damage and caused no injuries thanks to quick action from firefighters, Monarch Fire Protection District officials said.

Fire Marshal Roger Herin said they received a 911 call about a fire in the 16600 block of Marcross Court at 8:12 a.m. Friday. The small blaze had started on the deck of a third floor apartment, but firefighters were able to quickly get it under control.

“The fire crews did a great job of extinguishing the fire before it got into the apartment,” Herin said.

The flames were kindled by the improper disposal of smoking material, according to Herin. However, even such small incidents can sometimes lead to bigger fires and serves as a caution to those with wooden decks.

In November, a fire at the Chesterfield Place Apartment complex that is believed to have started out on a deck consumed two apartments and damaged dozens more. At the time, Herin urged residents to take the proper precautions by not barbequing on such structures, especially with charcoal grills.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something