A Chesterfield business reported its phones stolen to the Chesterfield Police Department on Oct. 10, but it wasn't thieves who nabbed the devices.
According to Officer Mike Ryffel, a local software company reported that several phones were taken at around noon from the desks in the company's office.
"It ended up being a repossession due to unpaid bills and was unfounded as a crime," Ryffel said in an email to Patch.
The following information was supplied by the Chesterfield Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction
- An unknown subject used a credit card without authorization for multiple purchases at the Chesterfield Mall.
- A 31-year-old male argued with his father over letting him enter his home in the 14000 block of Timberway Court.
- An unknown subject stole a laptop from a store in the 100 block of THF Boulevard.
- A 71-year-old male left his dog unattended outside and was cited for a peace disturbance after the dog kept barking. The incident occurred in the 15000 block of Cedarmill Drive.
- An unknown subject took money of a purse that was left unattended in the 16000 block of Swingley Ridge Road.
- A 26-year-old female stole medication from a store in the 100 block of THF Boulevard.