Chesterfield residents living near the intersection of Swingley Ridge Road and W. Chesterfield Parkway will soon be receiving increased fire protection in the form of a pair of fire hydrants.
The Monarch Fire Protection District initially called for the placement of the hydrants and the Chesterfield City Council approved the request at a meeting on Monday.
The two hydrants are located at:
- The south side of Swingley Ridge Road at a point approximately 360 feet west of the centerline of Chesterfield Parkway West.
- The southwest corner of the intersection of Swingley Ridge Road and Chesterfield Parkway West.
The Missouri American Water Company will be installing the new fire hydrants.
Read more public safety stories:
- Police Say New 'N-Bomb' Drug is a Dangerous Addition to St. Louis Area
- School Officials Reject Idea of Arming Teachers at Safety Meeting
- High Winds Drive Tree Into Roof of Chesterfield Home