The City of Chesterfield is officially requesting nominations for the Chesterfield "Citizen of the Year" Award.
Many residents contribute to the community in a significant manner each day without reward or recognition. This is an opportunity to nominate someone who has brought honor upon themselves and the community as the result of an outstanding accomplishment or simply by being actively involved in the community.
Citizens to be selected for recognition should meet the following criteria:
- Actions being recognized should benefit the overall community of the City of Chesterfield and its residents in some manner through volunteerism, work performed on community projects, and overall civic contributions to the community.
- Individuals nominated should preferably be a resident of the City of Chesterfield. If not, the accomplishment should take place in the City.
- One nomination per person per household (spouses can be nominated jointly).
- Previously nominated individuals can be re-nominated.
- A nominee cannot serve on the Selection Committee.
- The person nominating an individual cannot serve on the Selection Committee.
- City Employees will not be considered for the award.
The deadline for nominations is February 1, 2013.