For the third year in a row, the Spirit of St. Louis Airport has received a perfect inspection from the Federal Aviation Administration.
The FFA inspection is a comprehensive process that reviews many aspects of the airport’s safety, operations and compliance with federal requirements. A press release from St. Louis County stated that it is the 12th “discrepancy free” inspection for Spirit of St. Louis in the past 14 years and the facility was also awarded a Medal of Excellence.
The components of the inspection included:
- Fuel facilities and mobile fueling operations
- Safety records and emergency operations manuals management
- Compliance and capability of aircraft firefighting and rescue equipment
- Airfield maintenance including lighting, signage, markings, and pavement conditions for runways, taxiways, and ramp areas
- Aircraft and vehicle movements
- Wildlife management
- Training programs and record keeping
The release quoted airport officials who praised the efforts of the facility’s employees.
“My compliments and thanks go out to all of our Operations, Maintenance and Public Safety staff that make this possible and keep Spirit of St. Louis Airport as one of the best airports in the country,” St. Louis County Director of Aviation John Bales said.
“The safety and security of our staff and tenants will always be our most important mission and I am proud of our staff’s dedication to establishing and maintaining a long tradition of excellence at Spirit” added Assistant Director Dave Schubert.