17726 Westhampton Woods Drive
- Personal Information: My husband, Michael and I have four children, three of which attend St. Alban Roe. Our oldest child will be a freshman at Lafayette High School next year. We relocated from Cleveland, Ohio to Chesterfield, Missouri three years ago. This was a homecoming for me as I am a St. Lawrence the Martyr and Pattonville High School alumnus. I completed my undergraduate degree at MU in 1995 and a MBA from the University of Akron in 2000.
- Past Experience: I served as an Army officer and worked at the Department of Veterans Affairs for 10 years. I resigned as a division level manager last summer to focus on my family and volunteer in the community.
- Personal Statement: As a Rockwood School District Director, my goal is to represent all stakeholders. I will strive to make the most fiscally sound budget decisions for the entire district with a long term vision in mind.
Sherri L. Rogers
2116 Woodlet Park Drive
firstname.lastname@example.org and www.votesherrirogers.com
- Personal Information: My husband and I have lived in Rockwood for 12 years with two children enrolled in the district. I earned a B.S.B.A. from Southeast Missouri State University and a MBA from Saint Louis University with emphases in Finance and Accounting.
- Experience: I have more than twenty years of experience working in finance, accounting, operations management, human resources, and employee and customer relations. I spent more than ten years in small business and five in corporate finance.
- Personal Statement: Rockwood has a long history of success, but we should always strive to improve. Student success, teacher support and fiscal responsibility will be my priority as a Director on the Rockwood Board of Education. I have a broad professional background and experience working with diverse individuals; this uniquely positions me to work with all concerned parties to accomplish Rockwood’s mission to “do whatever it takes to ensure all students realize their potential”.
1146 Ridgeway Meadow Drive
- Personal Information: A life-long resident of Missouri and a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University, I am a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Fraud Examiner. I have six children, two of which are Rockwood graduates and four who currently attend Rockwood schools. I am the managing director for UHY Advisors, a national tax and business consulting firm.
- Personal Statement: As a K-12 attendee and graduate of the Missouri public school system, I have an appreciation of the never-ending influence such experience has on an individual’s life. I realize Rockwood has a responsibility to everyone it touches. Through interactions with hundreds of families in the district, I see there are varying views on issues. However, one common sentiment is for Rockwood to not only provide a well-rounded education for its students, but an overall enriching experience for everyone. My experiences as a student, parent and business professional will add a resource to the Board. The integrity I have developed through my upbringing and my profession will allow me to act with confidence and a clear conscious, and my actions will be directed toward allowing Rockwood to be the best it can be, while providing a great experience for everyone it touches.
William (Bill) Brown
740 Emerald Oaks Court
- Personal Information: A proud Rockwood graduate, I earned a bachelor's in Secondary Education from Southeast Missouri State and a master's in Education from Southwest Baptist University. My wife, Cindy and I have four children who graduated from Rockwood. Presently, our two grandchildren attend Rockwood schools.
- Experience: I taught for more than 30 years in the Missouri Public School system and served Rockwood on numerous committees and other volunteer positions. Currently, I teach at Saint Louis University High School and I serve as a Question Leader at the Advanced Placement/U.S. Government and Politics Grading.
- Personal Statement: I have a deep appreciation for what Rockwood has done for my family and me. As a teacher of Government and Politics, I have encouraged my students to become involved citizens in the community. By seeking a position on the Board, I am trying in some small way to repay Rockwood for what it has done for me. These are difficult economic times, and I feel I can help Rockwood successfully continue to provide the same quality educational foundation for my grandchildren that it provided for my children and me.