Area high school football players listened to motivational speeches and can work on their fundamentals with a St. Louis Rams camp that opened Tuesday in Chesterfield at
The High School Development Camp features current and former Rams players and coaches—including Assistant Head Coach Dave McGinness, and Fullback Brit Miller, along with Andy McCollum and Pisa Tinoisamoa among others.
The camps will include a focus on concussion awareness and character development.
In order to participate, campers must have completed a registration with information found by clicking here. A current school physical can replace the required Physician's Consent.
The camp schedule is as follows. Participants need not attend all sessions.
- Tuesday, May 29, 5-8 p.m. featuring guest speaker Paul Vitale.
- Wednesday, May 30, 5-8 p.m. featuring guest speakers Rams Assistant Head Coach Dave McGinnis and Rams Fullback Brit Miller.
- Thursday, May 31, 5-8 p.m. featuring guest speakers from the National Guard.
Two more camps will be:
- June 4 - 8 at Festus High School
- June 18-21 at O’Fallon High School.
Twelve students from the three camps will be selected by the Rams to represent the team at the NFL High School Player Development 7-on-7 National Tournament, according to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
The tournament is held in Indianapolis July 12-15.
The camps are open to all eligible high school football players who will be in grades 9-12 in the fall.