Located in beautiful Faust Park, the Butterfly House offers a unique, educational and fun experience for children and adults, as they learn about butterflies. A division of the Missouri Botanical Gardens, the Butterfly House contains an 8,000 square foot conservatory. This is one of the most popular areas, and it's where the butterflies fly free, as guests walk a path in a climate controlled (85 degrees, 75% humidity) environment.
Visitors can come with a friend or with family, as part of a school outing or a big celebration, like a wedding. For more details about the Butterfly House and what if offers, click on its interactive Web site. Memberships can be obtained through the Missouri Botanical Garden at www.mobot.org. Those interested in scheduling a private event of any kind can contact Amy Hammann or Adam Jaschek at 636-733-2339.
- Hours: Tue - Sun, 9am - 4pm; Mon - closed, except on Columbus Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Presidents Day. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: September 18, 1998
- Ticket information: Last ticket sold 30 minutes before closing. General admission, $6; Seniors (65+) $4.50; Children, 3 - 12 years old, $4; Children 2 years and under, free; Missouri Botanical Garden members, free.
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Restrictions: No smoking
- Features: Live shows/lectures, Walk-in cages
- Facilities: Gift shop, Picnic areas, Restrooms
- Guided tours?: No
- Gift shop: Yes
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual